The information below explains Providence Forge Association’s lease approval procedure for Home Owners whose unit was previously approved for leasing privileges. If your unit is not on the designated Leased Units list, please follow instructions found in document titled REQUESTING PERMISSION TO LEASE YOUR CONDO: Lease Approval Process for First-Time Lessors.
Owners must notify the Association immediately upon receipt of notice of termination of the current lease on file with the Association, either due to eviction or non-renewal. Owner must provide all NEW TENANT documents listed in a timely manner prior to their new tenant occupancy so that the Association may approve. Attached are copies of associated paperwork for your convenience.
- Home Owner must be and remain in good standing in all aspects with the Association to remain eligible for leasing their unit.
- Home Owner must submit request for NEW TENANT lease approval. Association Bylaws state that the Association has the Right of First Refusal, which means that the Association must waive their right to lease said unit prior to tenant occupancy. Home Owner must submit lease agreement for approval and Waiver of Right of First Refusal, signed by property owner/Management Company and tenant, prior to tenant occupying unit, to Providence Forge Homeowner’s Association Council. This is required as per Providence Forge Homeowner’s Association Handbook, Section I -Community Rules & Regulations, Subsection A. General, Item 1 “Unit owners who lease their unit(s) are required to submit their lease agreement(s) to the Providence Forge Council for review and approval. A copy of all lease agreements shall be kept on file in the Providence Forge office.” Failure to comply will result in fine as per Subsection P. Fine, Hearing and Complaint Process. As Council meets the second Thursday of each month, please allow adequate time for this process.
- Criminal Background Checks must be performed on each individual over the age of 18 years who will reside at said unit for a period of more than 2 weeks. This will be at the cost of the Owner and is not reimbursable by the Association. The written clearance results must be presented to the Association along with completed lease agreement packet submission. The Association must review and acknowledge acceptance prior to tenant occupancy.
- Home Owner will continue to be billed annually for a Lease Administration Fee payable to the Association each January. This fee offsets the overall costs relating, but not limited, to administrative, legal and maintenance expenses directly incurred by the Association on behalf of non-owner occupied units. The current amount is $350 per unit leased.
- New tenants must receive a copy of the Providence Forge Homeowner’s Association Handbook and agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations. Obtain printable version of Handbook at providenceforgehoa.org, under the Residents section of our website or order a hard copy from the office for $25. Please fill out and return the enclosed form, as we require signed confirmation tenant has received and agrees to adhere to the Association Rules and Regulations prior to tenant occupying unit.
- New tenants interested in any type of satellite dish service shall contact the office, prior to installation, for approval and installation requirements. Please fill out and return the enclosed form, as we require written confirmation that tenant was informed of this fact prior to tenant occupying unit.
- New tenants must complete attached Pet Registration Form if pets are permissible per your lease agreement. Return this completed form prior to tenant occupying unit.
- The Association requires Unit Owner’s current contact information – mailing address, telephone number/s and email address; New tenant’s telephone number/s and e-mail address must be shared or included in lease. Please also include an emergency contact should there be an emergency at said unit.
All Lease Agreements MUST include the following completed forms attached when submitting for Association approval:
If any of the above forms are not submitted in an executed manner, your request for approval will be rejected. This may result in prolonged time in securing approval which also delays the time in which your tenant is allowed to take occupancy.
NEW TENANT-NEW LEASE Approval Checklist
Owner/Lessor Responsibilities: Date:
Notified Association of current tenant lease termination? __________
Met with Tenant to review and sign all documents? __________
Performed Criminal Background Check? __________
Submission of executed Lease Agreement along with all associated documents
including Criminal Background Check? ____________
ROFR Waived and Lease Approval received from Association? __________
Please contact the office via email ([email protected]) or phone (610.948.6714) should you have any questions regarding the Association’s Lease Procedures and/or lease restrictions.