The information below explains Providence Forge Association’s lease approval procedure. Property owners interested in renting their unit must first request permission from the Association. Below is a detailed outline of our process. Each step must be completed to maintain compliance with the Association.
All owners who wish to lease their unit must have met the one-year occupancy requirement before applying for leasing privileges on said unit. All owners who apply for lease privileges are required to do so in writing and must submit to the Association with the one-time Lease Approval Processing Fee.
Upon approval, Owner must complete the required documents found in the New Renter Lease Approval Process packet and provide all listed information in a timely manner, as this must be approved prior to tenant occupancy. An updated Lease Verification Form must be completed and submitted with annual Lease Administrative Fee, billable each January said unit is leased.
- Home Owner must be and remain in good standing in all aspects with the Association to remain eligible for leasing their unit.
- Home Owner must submit a written request for permission to lease their unit along with a one-time Lease Approval Processing fee of $1200 payable to the Association. Home Owner must receive written approval from the Council prior to executing a lease agreement with a suitable tenant. If the Association has reached the maximum rental occupancy under the regulations of the Lease Restrictions of the Association, Owner/Unit may be placed on a WAIT LIST until which time the restriction has been lifted or a place has become available. This will be handled in the order in which permission to lease unit has been granted.
- Home Owner will be billed annually for a Lease Administration Fee payable to the Association each January. This fee offsets the overall costs relating, but not limited, to administrative, legal and maintenance expenses directly incurred by the Association on behalf of non-owner occupied units. The amount is $350 per unit leased.
- Criminal Background Checks must be performed on each individual over the age of 18 years who will reside at said unit for a period of more than 2 weeks. This will be at the cost of the Owner and is not reimbursable by the Association. The written clearance results must be presented to the Association along with completed lease agreement packet submission. The Association must review and acknowledge acceptance prior to tenant occupancy.
- Association Bylaws state that the Association has the Right of First Refusal, which means that the Association must waive their right to lease said unit prior to tenant occupancy. Home Owner must submit lease agreement for approval and Waiver of Right of First Refusal, signed by property owner/Management Company and tenant, prior to tenant occupying unit, to Providence Forge Homeowner’s Association Council. This is required as per Providence Forge Homeowner’s Association Handbook, Section I -Community Rules & Regulations, Subsection A. General, Item 1 “Unit owners who lease their unit(s) are required to submit their lease agreement(s) to the Providence Forge Council for review and approval. A copy of all lease agreements shall be kept on file in the Providence Forge office.” Failure to comply will result in fine as per Subsection P. Fine, Hearing and Complaint Process. As Council meets the second Thursday of each month, please allow adequate time for this process.
- New tenants must receive a copy of the Providence Forge Homeowner’s Association Handbook and agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations. Obtain printable version of Handbook at providenceforgehoa.org, under the Residents section of our website or order a hard copy from the office for $25. Please fill out and return the enclosed form, as we require signed confirmation tenant has received and agrees to adhere to the Association Rules and Regulations prior to tenant occupying unit.
- Tenants interested in any type of satellite dish service shall contact the office, prior to installation, for approval and installation requirements. Please fill out and return the enclosed form, as we require written confirmation that tenant was informed of this fact prior to tenant occupying unit.
- Tenants must complete attached Pet Registration Form if pets are permissible per your lease agreement. Return this completed form prior to tenant occupying unit.
- The Association requires Unit Owner’s current contact information – mailing address, telephone number/s and email address; Tenant’s telephone number/s and e-mail address must be shared or included in lease. Please also include an emergency contact should there be an emergency at said unit.
All Lease Agreements MUST include the following completed forms attached when submitting for Association approval:
R&R Handbook Acknowledgement for Tenant and Landlord
LANDLORD FORM Satellite Dish Requests
TENANT FORM Satellite Requests
If any of the above forms are not submitted in an executed manner, your request for approval will be rejected. This may result in prolonged time in securing approval which also delays the time in which your tenant is allowed to take occupancy.
Lease Approval Process Checklist
Owner/Lessor Responsibilities: Date:
Met one-year occupancy requirement? ____________
Submission of request for permission to lease unit? ____________
Paid one-time Lease Approval Processing fee of $1200? ____________
Received Association letter granting approval to lease said unit? ____________
Met with Tenant to review and sign all documents? ____________
Performed Criminal Background Check? ____________
Submission of executed Lease Agreement along with all associated documents including Criminal Background Check? ____________
ROFR Waived and Lease Approval received from Association? ____________
Please contact the office via email ([email protected]) or phone (610.948.6714) should you have any questions regarding the Association’s Lease Procedures and/or lease restrictions.